What is Cyber Essentials?
This is a Government-backed industry support scheme that helps businesses protect themselves against the threat of cyber attacks and gives you certification to show your business partners, customers and regulators that you take cyber security seriously.
Certification to Cyber Essentials is a great first step in being GDPR ready. It can mitigate ICO fines if a company suffers a breach. Cyber Essentials certification is evidence that you have carried out basic steps towards protecting your business and your data from internet based cyber-attacks.
Benefits of Cyber Essentials Certification
• Show commitment to security – show your business partners, regulators and suppliers that you take cyber security seriously.
• Competitive advantage – in comparison to rivals without accreditation
• Safeguard sensitive data – cyber criminals target companies with high value data.
• Advice from a cyber security consultancy – gain an expert oversight of your cyber security controls.
• Protect company’s profits and reputation by avoiding the financial disaster and negative publicity associated with a cyber attack.
• Free Cyber liability insurance cover – when you pass the assessment and meet the criteria (terms apply).
How does Cyber Essentials help towards being GDPR ready?
GDPR will require more than just the Cyber Essentials basic technical controls. Your organisation will also add a number of topics to Cyber Essentials self-assessment which will be required for GDPR compliance, such as assessing business risks, training staff, dealing with incidents and handling operational issues. Cheeky Munkey can also help to highlight these areas as part of this consultancy.
The pre-assessment process will allow Cheeky Munkey to highlight any non-compliant areas, including risk and vulnerability assessment, and help to get this resolved prior to the formal assessment step.
We also recommend that following this, your organisation obtains specialist legal advice on the GDPR as on any other data protection issue, as all advice from Cheeky Munkey on GDPR is not legal advice, so it should not be treated as such.
Why choose Cheeky Munkey?
• Commitment to understanding your business – we will take adequate time to understand your business, operations and process to accurately scope your Cyber Essentials assessment.
• Clear communication – our mission is to simplify security. We will communicate to you in a clear and jargon-free way.
• Dedicated engineer – we know that you’ll have a lot of questions throughout this accreditation process so you’ll have direct phone and email contact with your own go-to person.