Voice Over IP (VoIP) Services in St Albans & Hertfordshire
What is Voice Over IP?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) allows you to make and receive telephone calls over the internet. It is available in a wide range of services. Some basic services require that both parties need to be at their computers to make or receive calls, whereas others options let you call from a traditional telephone handset, or mobile phone to any other phone.
How does VoIP work?
Like anything else that is sent down the wires in your home or office, eg. faxes, phone calls, emails etc VoIP turns your voice into a package of digital information and sends it to the recipient of the call in the same way. As you will already be paying for your broadband connection any calls you make through VoIP to another VoIP phone can be totally free, even if it’s to call overseas.
What do you need to implement voip?
To enable VoIP, you need a broadband Internet connection, as well as a traditional phone and adapter. Alternatively you can use a phone which is VoIP-enabled or have VoIP software on your computer.
Most consumer VoIP services use the Internet for phone calls, but now many smaller businesses are using VoIP and unified communications on their private networks as private networks have stronger security and service quality than the public Internet.
There are many benefits of moving your phone system over to voip, the main ones being;
- Significantly reduce your current phone charges
- Expand your phone system easily when needed
- As well as making calls your VoIP phone can also be used to conduct video conferencing – reducing travel time & costs
- Have one phone number ring on several devices at the same time, helping employees stay connected to clients as well as each other
- Have one single network for both voice and data.
- Access your phone system anywhere you have a broadband connection