Hosted Phone solutions
We have come a long way from the old dial-up days when you had to be off the phone to connect to the internet. As technology has grown, telephone systems have become closely interlinked with the web thanks to VoIP (voice over internet protocol), the technology that converts your voice into a digital signal. With BT announcing that traditional ISDN lines will be switched off in 2025, it is important businesses make their change to a hosted phone system before then to avoid disruption of service.
What is a hosted phone system?
A hosted phone system is cloud-based meaning you connect to it using an internet connection. Typically, there are no upfront costs as you are renting the handsets rather than purchasing your own dedicated system.
What are the benefits of a hosted phone system?
- Flexibility- with a portable desk phone, softphone, or mobile application all as options, you can make calls from your office number from anywhere.
- Feature rich – with a standard telephone company, you will often have to pay for features, whereas hosted phones tend to offer a wealth of useful features that are simply included for free including video conferencing, call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding.
- Cost effective – Hosted phone systems have a wider variety of plans per user per month, even including pay-as-you-go plans. Plus, IP connectivity typically costs less than ISDN saving up to 50% on line rental and 25% on call costs.
- Business continuity – hosted phone systems can rerouted in the event of an outage meaning you will experience very limited downtime.
- Scalability – adding and subtracting users is simple and hassle free.
- So what is the downside?
- Ip technology runs across the internet so a good connection is paramount for good voice quality.
If you are one of the millions of businesses across the globe still using an ISDN connection don’t panic, we’re here to help you make the migration across to a hosted phone solution. Talk to us today on how you can get started.