We have come a long way from the days when copying sheets of paper was an essential everyday office practice. In fact, in America for many years the word Xerox became synonymous with copying, so much so that office workers would literally ask someone to `Xerox` a document rather than ask for a copy. As technology and network printing have developed, copying has become more or less unnecessary and with the growth of cloud communication, ever increasing demands for productivity and cost reduction, businesses are finding it vitally important to improve document workflow through scanning.
What is a managed print service?
A managed print service is an outsourced cost-effective way of looking after all your printing equipment requirements. Typically, it is time consuming and expensive for office staff to source toner, consumables, engineers and is a drain on IT support. A managed print provider will supply your printing and scanning equipment; set up specialist software to monitor toner supply and give you engineer support when required.
What are the benefits?
- Cost effective – printer toners and consumables are very expensive to buy online. Although compatible replacement toners can reduce cost they also shorten the lifespan of most printers and affect device reliability. With a managed print service, it is extremely cost effective and all your toner, consumables, call outs, labour and parts are included.
- Keep pace with technology – post pandemic the office digital transformation has accelerated at an increasing rate. Businesses need to stay ahead of their competition and utilise scanning and cloud technology features to be competitive. Managed print solutions will enable you to update equipment and software periodically to ensure you are ahead of the game.
- Innovative software – having a manufacturer backed provider offer a host of software solutions linked to your own industry specific software to improve your efficiency.
- Scalability – Multi-functional devices now have the same printing and scanning software integrated into all their products. You no longer need to invest huge sums to get the technology you need.
- Peace of mind – a managed print provider will take all the pain out of looking after your printers, leaving you to do what you do best and grow your business.
Sounds good doesn’t it!
Talk to us today on how you can get started.